These release notes provide pertinent information regarding the additions for the Agile Central On-Premises 2018.1 release, including hardware and software requirements, compatibility, defect fixes, and known issues for the CA Agile Central Enterprise and Unlimited Editions. All features, changes, and defect fixes were periodically released to CA Agile Central On-Demand from September 26, 2017 to February 22, 2018.
Please refer to the CA Agile Central Administrator Guide for On-Premises Release 2018.1 for setup and configuration information.
On-premises releases are now communicated via the CA Agile Central Community, where you can also ask your most pressing questions.
Unlimited and Enterprise Edition Features
Select here to learn more about CA Agile Central editions and pricing.
Community App Catalog
The CA Agile Central Community App Catalog contains apps that were created outside of CA Agile Central. They have been carefully selected and reviewed by the CA Agile Central engineering team. CA Agile Central provides limited support for these applications, and they are subject to Beta terms.
New App Catalog
We've made some great changes to the App Catalog.
- New look and feel, including tile and list views.
- Badges on apps to help distinguish between core, custom, subscription, and community apps.
- Addition of customer-favorite apps.
- Links to the GitHub repository.
- And more!
User Custom Fields
Subscription and workspace administrators can create a custom field that allows selections from your Agile Central user list. User-type custom fields are allowed in work items, projects, workspaces, and users.
You can now view how often a field is being used by work items in a workspace. Select see occurrences in the editor window to view a sortable table with information on those specific occurrences.
Convert Story to Defect
You have the ability to convert a defect to a user story. Now, you can convert a user story to a defect.
Milestone Filtered Custom pages
You may create a custom page that contains apps linked to a specific iteration, release, or milestone.
Bulk edit mode is available on most pages, while multi-edit is available on work item summary pages. Bulk edit mode is preferred as it is capable of editing more fields, and can also bulk parent and associate related work items.
Team Member Board App
The Team Member Board app gives you a view of the team members for each of your projects.
Team members are assigned to a project from the Project Users page.
Action Menu on QDP
The Quick Detail Page (QDP) now includes an Action menu icon, next to the FormattedID. This menu includes actions that can be performed on this work item.
Show Legends on Reports App
You have the option to add a legend to some apps on a dashboard or custom page. To enable the legend, select Settings, then select Show Legend.
Fixed Defects and Security Issues
- DE38269: Users working in Premise AC2GO 2017.1 encountered an error when attempting to create a new view on a defect editor page.
- Spectre/Meltdown Remediation: The Agile Central to Go Release 2018.1 has addressed two of the three vulnerabilities (CVE-2017-5754 and CVE-2017-5753) through operating system and software package level patches. Mitigation of the remaining vulnerability (CVE-2017-5715) requires customers to implement CPU microcode changes locally to ensure hardware support of remediation. Please ensure that relevant hardware changes have been applied and that the hypervisor on which CA Agile Central On-Premises is running is appropriately patched to secure your system. For more information, please read CA’s Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerability Statement.
Changes to the SOAP, REST, and JSON Web Services API
Web Services API Deprecation Policy
In order to support developer toolkits, custom apps, and queries more effectively, we are introducing a formal deprecation policy to the Web Services API. With the new policy, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to support older versions of the WSAPI for one year after a new version is released.
The current version of the WSAPI, 2.0, is fully supported. Its one year deprecation period will begin on the date that the next version is released. Select the Web Services API link from the main Help page to view your Web Services documentation.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The On-Premises image requires 410 GB of storage for virtual disk space. Please ensure this is available prior to installation.
- Minimum 1024 X 768 X 256-color video resolution, 1280 x 1024 recommended
VMware® vSphere server (recommended) or VMware® ESX server
CA Agile Central VMware Appliance Configuration:
- CA Agile Central Software recommends 10 - 12 GB of RAM for improved performance for subscriptions that may serve a higher volume of requests.
- 2 CPUs - Due to recent security enhancements, some customers may experience a mild amount of performance degradation. This is dependent on a number of factors that will vary by installation. If you are observing performance problems, please consider using 3 CPUs instead of 2.
- 410 GB Disk
Supported Web Browsers
CA Agile Central is committed to making our software easily accessible. You can access CA Agile Central wherever you have a connection to your On-Premises server via a PC, Linux, or Macintosh computer.
Nevertheless, it is not possible or practical for us to support every operating system and browser combination that is available. To take advantage of the newest CA Agile Central features, we recommend that you use one of the following fully supported browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
We support the two latest versions of each of these browsers. We do not recommend using development, test, or beta versions of these web browsers. Versions that are not publicly released may not work properly with the CA Agile Central application. In particular, we strongly suggest using Chrome.
- Minimum Adobe Reader 5.0 Microsoft Windows platforms (not Linux)
- Adobe Reader 7.0 recommended
- Editable Detail Pages Removing Owner from the Drop-down Menu
On the editable detail page, if you select the Owner field but do not change the owner and select outside of the menu, the green saved label appears (as if a change was made) and the owner's name is removed. Performing a hard refresh also removes the avatar. This event is logged in the revision history as owner being removed.
- Solr Stat Download Logs Contain Errors
In the On-Premises Control Panel, the Download Search Service Logs: Download Logs link on the Current Server Status tab produces log files that contains an error.
- Application and Server Log Files Removed from the On-Premises Control Panel
On the On-Premises Control Panel, when the user selects the Log Files link and downloads the log files, the application and server logs have been removed from the download file.
- SQL Error When Restoring Data Sets Does Not Require Action
A bug that displayed a SQL error when restoring data sets has been fixed in the On-Premises 2014.1 release. The error appears on https://ONPREM_HOST/controlpanel/actionfiles/restorebackup.php when the user successfully executes a restore process. The error is related to database index query optimization and is safe to ignore as a background task runs weekly to re-create the index optimizations to fix this issue. However, since the bug existed in 2013.1 and previous releases and is related to data restoration, the SQL error will still display when restoring data from a 2013.1 release or earlier to a 2013.2 or later release. In order for the license key to be installed successfully, or being validated by the CA Agile Central Application, you must restart the CA Agile Central Application.
ORA-39083: Object type INDEX_STATISTICS failed to create with error: ORA-01403: no data found ORA-01403: no data found Failing sql is: DECLARE I_N VARCHAR2(60); I_O VARCHAR2(60); NV VARCHAR2(1); c DBMS_METADATA.T_VAR_COLL; df varchar2(21) := 'YYYY-MM-DD:HH24:MI:SS'; stmt varchar2(300) := ' INSERT INTO "SYS"."IMPDP_STATS" (type,version,flags,c1,c2,c3,c5,n1,n2,n3,n4,n5,n6,n7,n8,n9,n10,n11,n12,d1,cl1) VALUES (''I'',6,:1,:2,:3,:4,:5,:6,:7,:8,:9,:10,:11,:12,:13,NULL,:14,:15,NULL,:16,:17)';BEGIN DELET
- Onprem ALM Build: 2018.1
- CA Agile Central ALM Build: 22768
- Control Panel Version: 2018.1-1
- WSAPI: v2.0
Security Patch 2018.1.1
A security patch that resolved several vulnerabilities was released on July 12th, 2018. The 2018.1.1 patch can be downloaded through the Support Download site. The following security vulnerabilities were resolved:
Not Available in Agile Central On-Premises 2018.1
The following features are only available in Agile Central SaaS, and are not currently available in On Premises 2018.1:
Agile Central to Go 2018.1
The Monitoring VM is not included in the 2018.1 release, but the 2018.1 release can still be connected to Monitoring VMs from past releases via the Control Panel. As a result, some charts are unavailable and some labels are incorrect in the 2018.1 release as outlined in the following image: