Webhooks allow you to create rules in CA Agile Central that send information to an external server when the rule triggers. Only subscription administrators can manage webhooks.
For information on creating and editing webhooks, see the API documentation.
Webhooks are usually triggered by an event, such as pushing code to a repository or a comment being posted to a blog. When the event occurs, the source site makes an HTTP request to the URI configured for the webhook. Users can configure them to cause events on one site to invoke behavior on another.
Some useful applications of webhooks include:
- Receive an update when a single artifact changes
- Receive updates when any artifact changes in your subscription
Subscription administrators can view which webhooks are being used as well as who is using them. This ensures the security of a subscription’s data.
Subscription administrators can view, enable, disable, and delete webhooks for the subscription and workspace. Each webhook listed has the following details:
- Application link
- Creator of the webhook
- Revision date of the webhook
- Date settings are based on the date and time format you set in your profile
- Active (On or Off)
- When the Active toggle is On, the webhook will fire
To delete a webhook, select the gear icon next to the webhook and select Delete. Select Confirm on the confirmation pop-up. This will permanently delete the webhook.
Follow this step:
- Select the Setup icon from the CA Agile Central menu bar, then go to Extensions, Webhooks.
You can disable all webhooks from the subscription editor, which serves as a master switch for all webhooks. Even if a webhook is listed as active on the Webhooks page, it will be inactive if webhooks are disabled from the subscription editor. Webhooks are enabled by default.
If all webhooks have been disabled from the subscription editor, the following banner displays on the Webhooks page with a link to change the setting.
To enable or disable all webhooks:
- Select the Subscription menu.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, select Edit Subscription.
- In the Admin Capabilities section, check or uncheck the Webhooks Enabled field.
- Select Save.
Rally reserves the right to suspend or disable webhooks based on non-usage or misuse.