Schedule prioritized user stories, defects, and defect suites into iterations. Topics include:
Schedule Work Items
Plan work for each iteration by selecting user stories and defects from the backlog and scheduling them into an iteration. You can use the Plan page found under the track tab to easily schedule work items, or install a copy of the Iteration Planning Board. Parent stories do not display in the backlog.
Schedule a Work Item with the Iteration Planning Board App
Install the Iteration Planning Board app on your dashboard or create a custom page to easily view and schedule work.
Backlog user stories and defects display on the board as cards in the left-most column. Cards are ordered by rank.
By default, the next three future iterations display as columns to the right of the Backlog column. Use the arrows to the left and right of the column titles to view iterations further in the past or future. Drag a card into a column to schedule it in the iteration.
Schedule a Work Item with the User Story Detail Page
You can schedule a work item by editing the Iteration or Release field directly.
Follow these steps:
- Select the Plan tab, then select the User Stories page.
- Select user story to view to its detail page in the right pane.
- Within the detail page, scroll to either the Iteration or Release field and select the timebox you want.
- Click Save.
The user story is scheduled and can be viewed in the related Iteration Status and Release Status pages.
View Scheduled Work Items
You can track which user stories, defects, and defect suites have been scheduled for a specific release or iteration.
Follow these steps:
- Select Plan, Timeboxes.
- Select either Releases or Iterations from the Timeboxes drop-down.
- Select Edit... from the gear icon on the iteration or release you want to track.
- In the right pane, select the Artifacts icon to view a list of the work items that have been scheduled for the release or iteration you selected.