The Super Customizable Release Chart app provides you with the ability to review release burndown data from several types of views.
Source code is available: Super Customizable Release Chart app source code
To review release burndown data:
- Select the release from the Release drop-down menu.
- In the Chart Type section, select one of the chart icons to change the view. The types are:
- Stacked Bar
- In the Data Options section, select the checkbox next to each Schedule State field value to display on the chart. Next to the schedule state name is a drop-down menu to select what color the value uses. The Trend checkbox to the right of each schedule state draws a line on the chart based on past daily statistics, showing you the rate at which work is being moved into that state.
- In the Ideal Lines section, select one of the checkboxes to display a line that shows the ideal rate of completing work during the course of the release. The line calculates the total amount of story or task work scheduled in the release, and divides that figure by the total number of days.
This is helpful during the middle of a release to see if your team is completing and accepting work at a rate sufficient to finish by the release end date.
- The Burndown To Do option trends downward left to right.
- The Burnup Accepted option trends in the opposite direction.
- Select the Units to use for displaying the amount of work in the chart. Select one of the radio buttons to change the scope of the y-axis:
- Story: Draws the chart using the Plan Estimate field of user stories.
- Task: Draws the chart using the Task Estimate field of tasks.
- To Do: Draws the chart using the To Do field of tasks.
- Select the Show Data Table checkbox to display a day-by-day breakdown of work in each schedule state in a table format. All schedule states will display. Data in the table adjusts according to your unit option selection.
- Print the chart by selecting the Print option from the Actions drop-down menu.