CA Agile Central's connectors to your build and SCM (Source Code Management) systems enable you to connect your work items in CA Agile Central to your build and SCM work items. This connection allows you to identify changesets associated with stories and defects, and also provides analytics data that you can use to gain insights about your build health, file churn, and code quality.
View build status includes:
- CA Agile Central supports connectors for Git, Subversion, Perforce, and Hudson.
- If you do not see the Build and Top Files reports or the Changesets link on the navigation panel of the work item detail page, ask your administrator to enable the feature for your workspace.
Enable Build and SCM Traceability
The Build and SCM traceability feature is enabled or disabled for the workspace by the workspace or subscription administrator.
Follow these steps:
- Select Setup mode.
- Select the Workspaces & Projects tab.
- Select the name of the workspace you want to administer.
- Select Actions and select Edit.
- On the General tab, select the option for Enable Build and Changeset.
- Select Save & Close.
Work Item Traceability to Build and Changeset Data
The work item detail page shows you which changesets are associated with a particular user story or defect.
Select the links in the Changeset sidebar to view the information in your SCM system.
Display Reports on Your Dashboard
Create reports that show details related to your builds, changesets, and repositories using custom grid panels in your dashboard. There are five objects that relate to Build and SCM traceability:
- Build Definition
- SCM Repository
For each panel, choose an object and select fields to display. Use a combination of these panels to present the information you want to track.
You may choose between Global Project and Specific Project scoping options. The Global Project setting follows the scoping you set using your Workspace and Project picker at the top-left of the page. You may set specific project scoping for a dashboard panel by selecting the Specific Project setting and indicating the desired project:
The following charts help you identify possible issues around build and source code management.
Follow this step:
- Select Reports, Reports, then select one of the following charts:
Your scope settings that default to the Workspace and Project picker settings help CA Agile Central filter the data you see in pages, charts, and reports. Analytics for build and SCM data sometimes require a departure from your project scoping so that charts provide you with meaningful information:
- Builds are identified by looking both up and down your project hierarchy regardless of your project scope setting. In the the Top Files by Changes Chart, files are scoped to all builds associated with the workspace.
- Builds that do not fall within an iteration are grouped with the last iteration that occurs before the build date.
- Build status reports the condition of builds associated only with the project in scope. It does not honor the up-down scope settings for the project hierarchy.