The CA Agile Requirements Designer integration introduces all the benefits of accurate
story definition, automated
design, and reactive test automation to the CA Agile Central development platform.
User stories can be imported from CA Agile Central and modeled as unambiguous flowcharts before converting them into the smallest set of test cases needed to fully test the system design. The optimized tests can then be exported out to CA Agile Central, including the test scripts, data, and virtual end-
needed to execute them. The flowchart provides developers with a clear specification from which to work, while testers have everything they need to deliver rigorously tested software within a
CA Agile Requirements Designer helps to eliminate the bottlenecks created by test maintenance, offering impact analysis to update tests, data, and virtual end-points automatically when a change is made to the model. The up-to-date assets can then be allocated through auto-updating sprint-boards, enabling test and development teams to stay current with constantly changing user needs.
CA Agile Requirements Designer supports
and portfolio management in CA Agile Central, providing accurate cost and complexity metrics for tests, user stories, and change requests. These enable teams to assign accurate story points, while
mapping supports informed trade-offs between features and functionality. Critical tests can also be prioritized based on the probability that they will be exercised by users for accurate,
- Flowchart modeling of user stories, providing testers and developers with an unambiguous specification from which to work
- Verification of user stories with end-users to detect defects in the design phase and avoid time-consuming, late rework
- Automated test case design, eliminating the delays created by slow, manual test creation
- Test case optimization to shorten testing cycles and detect more defects earlier, where they require less time and resources to fix
- Risk-based testing, using live systems data to empirically define the probability that certain functionality will be exercised by the user
- Automated test maintenance to update tests, data, expected results, and virtual end-points needed to execute them
- Auto-updating sprint boards to allocate tests and stories to available teams in CA Agile Central
- Cost and complexity analysis to assess the relative size of stories and assign accurate story points
- Virtual end-point definition, allowing testers and developers to specify exactly what in a system needs to be virtualized
Watch a video.