You can convert
from one type (source) to another (target) using the ··· (Actions), Convert menu.
During conversion, an
is moved if it exists on the target type.
- Attachments are moved from the source to the target item.
history is not moved over to the target item.
- Discussion posts are copied to the target item.
- Fields that exist on the target item are moved to the new item. Fields that do not exist on the target item are added to the notes.
- For tasks, children, connections, test cases, and risks (associations): If there are associations on the source item and associations are available on the target type, they are moved. If the target type does not support associations, the associations are moved to the Recycle Bin with the source item.
- Dependencies (predecessors and successors) are always disassociated.
When the conversion is complete, the source item is moved to the Recycle Bin.
To convert a work item:
- Open the source item in the QDP.
- Select ··· (Actions), Convert.
- Select the target type from the drop-down menu. The target types in the menu change based on the source type.
For example, a
story can be converted to a:
- Select Confirm.