CA Agile Central provides powerful reporting capabilities to track your team's progress with standard reports on the Reports
. You can also create custom reports based on your development data to make fact-based, informed decisions. There is no limit to the number of custom reports you can create.
Two custom report types are available:
Custom reports are based on the current
and any additional filters you define in the custom report definition. If you choose filters with values partially or wholly outside the scoped project, you may generate incomplete or blank reports. The list of data to report and the list of available filters are limited to information common to defects, stories, and test cases.
You can save custom reports on the Reports
, save as .pdf, .jpg, or .csv formats, email them to other users, or print with annotations. You can also edit or delete custom reports from the Reports page. You can share custom reports with other users for viewing or editing, or they can be kept private.
To create a new custom report:
- Select Reports, Reports.
Custom reports are listed in the right column with respective icons for private and shared reports.
- Select +Add New in the upper-right corner.
- From the Type drop-down, select the type of report.
- From the I want to see drop-down, select a value. Add more values as needed.
- From the Broken down by drop-down, specify how the data should be grouped in the report. Add more values as needed.
Test case fields, defect fields, and all custom fields (except text-type) are allowed.
- Optionally, select filter criteria to narrow the report results.
You can select one value for each field to filter, setting different value criteria for each or select the filter value dynamically for
filters. Test case fields, defect fields, and all custom fields (except text-type) are allowed.
- Select Run.
From the report preview, you can save the report, email it to others, or save it as .pdf, .jpg, or .csv formats.
To save a custom report:
- Run the report and select Save in the upper-right corner.
- Name the report and add a brief description.
- Select one of the following options for the report visibility:
- Just me: The report will only be visible to you.
- Anyone can view: The report will be visible (read-only) to everyone.
- Anyone can view, edit, or delete: The report will be visible to everyone and anyone can edit or delete the report.
The custom report is added to your list of custom reports on the Reports tab.
Sample Custom Reports
For the number of stories versus the number of defects (and associated
) scheduled in a release across multiple teams, select:
- I want to see: Count of Work Items
- Broken down by: Project and then by Type
- Filters: Release = <Release Name> or [Choose Dynamically]
For the work remaining to deliver a release
(when feature is identified by tag), select:
- I want to see: Sum of
Estimate, Sum of Task
- Broken down by: Tags and then by Project
- Filter: Tags = <Feature Tag> AND Release = <Release Name>
For blocked work (stories, defects, test cases) for a specific iteration, select:
- I want to see: Sum of
- Broken down by: Schedule
and by Type
- Filter: Schedule State = In-Progress AND Blocked =Yes AND Iteration = <Iteration Name>
For time spent working on a feature during a release, select:
- I want to see: Sum of Time Spent
- Broken down by: Work Item
- Filter: Release = <Release Name> AND Package = <Package value> AND Work Item Type = Story