allows you to view cumulative defects opened versus closed over time, showing whether the trend is increasing or decreasing. The chart shows the rate at which defects are being activated (red line) and in a
other than closed, the rate at which defects are being terminated or closed (green line), and the trend for the total number of active defects (black line).
Data displayed in the app is in the same format as the Defect Trend chart. Select the chart to go to the Reports
, where you may view additional information including a key and summary metrics. You may also print, email, and export the chart from the Reports tab.
Modify Settings in the Defect Trend App
To modify the settings for this app:
- From the app gear menu, select Settings.
- Modify the app settings:
- Set the Date Range amount and term (weeks, months, or quarters) fields to set the boundaries of the chart.
- The Terminal States parameter allows you to specify which defect states to include in the Cumulative Terminated series (green line). All unselected states are included in the Cumulative Activated series (red line) as well as the Total Active series (black line).
- You can specify to display only defects of a certain priority or severity. Note: If you do not select any values in these sections, the chart includes ALL defects, including defects where the priority or severity is not specified. However, selecting all the checkboxes will exclude those with no value for priority or severity.
- To enable the legend for the app, select Show Legend.
- Select Save.