Use the Portfolio
to visualize and manage the relationships between different levels of portfolio items and the stories that support them. This is a useful app for
managers and product owners.
This app displays portfolio items and their children, including
Source code is available: Portfolio Hierarchy source code
Manage Portfolio Items
To manage items in the hierarchy:
- Select the inline gear icon to edit, copy, or delete items, or add a child directly from the hierarchy. When working with user stories in the hierarchy, you can add, edit, copy, and delete tasks or defects using the gear menu.
- Use drag-and-drop to:
- Re-parent portfolio items, enforcing parents of the appropriate type.
- Re-parent stories to other stories.
- Re-parent tasks to other lowest-level stories.
- Move stories to become children of the appropriate type of portfolio item.
Hovering over the filter icon displays the current settings.
To change the app settings:
- Select the app gear icon and select Settings.
- Select one of the following project settings to filter the top level of items presented in the app. Project settings apply only to the top level of the hierarchy.
- Select Follow Global Project Setting to filter according to your global
- Select Choose Specific Project if you want to see another project's work, regardless of your global project setting.
- Use the Type drop-down to filter the tree at a particular type of portfolio item.
- Use the Query field to enter SQL-style queries to filter the data displayed in the app based on