CA Agile Central's on-demand Recycle Bin allows you to restore
stories, tasks, defects, and test cases after they are deleted. The Recycle Bin allows your development
data to be recovered in case of an accidental deletion. A link to the Recycle Bin displays at the bottom of each
. If you do not see a link at the bottom of your page, you might be using Personalized Navigation, where you will access the Recycle Bin from the side bar.
Select the ellipsis (...) below a project name, and Recycle Bin will be listed under Home.
Bulk Actions Now Available
Users with editor permissions can delete and restore
. For bulk restore, Recycle Bin entry checkboxes allow the selection of multiple entries at once:
All of the operations share a similar flow. Check the rows to affect and choose the bulk operation. A screen displays to confirm the action:
The confirmation message depends on which work items are being deleted or restored. For example:
| If you:
||This message displays:
|Delete a defect suite
||Defect suites cannot be restored
|Delete a portfolio item
||A summary page of related children
||Associations with other work items may not be restored
with other work items are restored as follows:
| If you restore:
||Then associations to:
- Child stories, child tasks, test cases, and test runs are restored
- Child defects are not restored
- Predecessors and successors are not restored
||Child stories or portfolio items are not restored
Confirm the action. A progress bar displays as the operation completes:
If errors occur during the operation, the progress bar displays a red indicator and lists the issues. Hover over any of the errors to show more information.
Customize the Recycle Bin Page
You can customize your Recycle Bin page with the following actions:
- Filter work items in the recycle bin by using the advanced
option. To use advanced filtering, select Add Filter next to the filtering tray. Default quick filters are
and type. To add another quick filter, select Add Filter. To hide your advanced filters, select Hide Advanced. The filter icon lists all active filters numerically. You can clear your filters by selecting Clear All. Your filters will remain active when you navigate away from the page. Learn more about advanced filters here.
- Select the Show Columns icon to select or deselect the columns that display on the page. Select Apply to save your changes.
- Select the number of items to display on the page by selecting the Show drop-down menu at the bottom of the page and selecting the number of items you want to display on the page.
- Select any column header to sort items within that column by ascending or descending order.