data in several formats, including pie charts, a general health summary, and an advanced
chart. View the progress in the release broken down by work item type and
Source code is available: Release Dashboard app source code
To use the dashboard:
- Use the Release drop-down menu to select the release to display in the dashboard.
- Select the header area directly above the charts to display a key for color-coding in the pie charts:
Up to three pie charts are displayed in the dashboard:
- Scheduled Work: Displays the count of
stories, defects, and
suites in each
- Test Cases: Displays the total last
count of test cases that are associated with user stories scheduled in the release.
- Defects: Displays a breakdown of defects scheduled or linked to user stories that are scheduled in the release by the State
To see the data in a pie chart:
- Hover over slices in the pie charts to see a count.
- Select a slice to persistently display the count to perform a comparison between the three charts.
This section computes the health of the release based on the percentage of work accepted and the number of days completed in the release.
For example, if the count of accepted work is 30 out of 50 total and there are 15 days completed in a 20 day release, the calculation is ((30/50)/(15/20) * 100) or ((.6/.75)*100), equating to 80 percent. Here are the default thresholds:
- Good displays when the percentage is greater than or equal to 90.
displays when the percentage is greater than or equal to 70 and less than 90.
- Critical displays when the percentage less than 70.
This calculation is one metric to determine release health, but refer to other resources to determine if revising the release plan is appropriate. If no data is returned from the
by Schedule State pie chart, then the Release Health indicator will not display, as the calculation depends on this data.
An advanced burndown chart displays next to the pie charts. Bars are color-coded according to schedule state, and an ideal burndown trend line is provided. Hover over a bar to see details on the date and hours or