profile contains the default settings for your account login and session. It also contains the information that dictates how CA Agile Central, and other users, interact with you.
You typically set up your user profile during your first few minutes in CA Agile Central. However, you can configure your user profile at any time.
Edit Your Profile
You can edit your profile from any
Your user profile settings override any settings that have been applied to the entire
. Customize your experience with CA Agile Central by editing those profile settings that are relevant to you.
The following alphabetized list describes a few of the many options that you can edit for your profile:
- Date Format, Date/Time Format: Set the date and time format to your preference. The date and time format that you choose here also determines the date and time format for any .csv or CA Agile Central exports that you perform. The time zone is set by your workspace or
- Default Workspace /
: Select a default workspace and project for your initial context upon logging into CA Agile Central so that you can focus immediately on your primary team.
- Display Name: Specify the name that you want to display in CA Agile Central.
- Email Address: Required. Keep your email address up to date so that you can receive administrative messages and change notifications.
- Email Notification Enabled: Optional. Enable if you want to receive email notifications when items that interest you have changed. The default is set to disabled.
- Language, Locale: Select to view CA Agile Central in one of the supported languages/locales.
- Password Expires: Configured by your
- Profile Image: Upload an image that displays when anyone hovers over your user name. To upload an image for the Profile Image, select Browse and upload an image from your desktop. To change or remove the image, select the trash can icon and then add a new image.
- Session Timeout: The default session timeout is four hours. You can change this period of time and specify whether you want to be warned when your session is about to expire.
Follow these steps:
- To view or edit your profile information, select your profile image located in the upper-right corner of the CA Agile Central display. Then select Edit Profile.
- Edit your profile as needed, then select Save.
Change Your Password
You can change your password at any time.
Follow these steps:
- Select your profile image located in the upper-right corner of the CA Agile Central display.
- Select Edit Profile. Select the (...) icon.
- Select Change Password.
- Follow the prompts to change your password, then select Save.
Your subscription administrator can also initiate a change to your password. If you subscription administrator prompts a password change for you, you will receive an email guiding you to choose a new password.
If your subscription has password expiration enabled, you will be forced to change your password upon login when your password has expired. Each day for seven days before the expiration date, you will receive a notification email that directs you to change your password. To ensure that all of your integrations and Web Services API connections remain uninterrupted, change your password before it expires.
When you change your password, you cannot reuse previous passwords as the current password. The number of previous passwords that you cannot reuse is determined by the subscription administrator.
Any open sessions to CA Agile Central are terminated when your password is reset either through the forgotten password process or by an administrator. If you suspect someone has gained unauthorized access to your account, resetting your password will immediately end the session. Resetting your own password while you are logged in does not log you out of CA Agile Central.
Watch this video to learn how to set up or edit your user profile.
Configure Your Settings
You can configure more settings in CA Agile Central using the My Settings pane.
Follow these steps:
- Select your profile image located in the upper-right corner of the CA Agile Central display. Then select My Settings.
- From the toolbar at the top of the page, select the desired settings
View your permissions for all the projects in your workspace.
Set up watches to follow the status of an individual work item.
- Preference Viewer
View your preferences.
- Notification Rules
Set up notifications to stay informed about changes to the
that are important to you.
new and unsupported features to the CA Agile Central Labs where you can try them. To use the labs, you must first agree to the required terms and conditions.