SSL for On-Premises includes the following:
Generate a Certificate Signing Request for SSL
CA Agile Central On-Premises solution is shipped with a default, self-signed SSL certificate. Customers can generate their own certificate, purchase a certificate from a third party vendor, or use the CA Agile Central certificate that is installed by default.
The following commands outline how to generate a SSL certificate from a third party vendor:
Note: These steps are based on the assumption that the openssl command is available on the system used to create the private keys. You do not need to be on the CA Agile Central machine
this, but the steps below were created using a Linux machine. The steps may differ on a Windows machine with OpenSSL.
- Generate a private key:
openssl genrsa -des3 -out www.mydomain.com.key 1024
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (this certificate will be used to generate our ssl certificate on the third party's site):
openssl req -new -key www.mydomain.com.key –out www.mydomain.com.csr
- Remove the passphrase from the key:
cp www.mydomain.com.key www.mydomain.com.key.org
openssl rsa -in www.mydomain.com.key.org -out www.mydomain.com.key
- Submit your request to your third party vendor.
The SSL certificate that is obtained should be a single root or unchained certificate. This file will used in combination with the key generated in Step 1 to upload to our On-Premises image.
- Verify the format of your certificate by opening the crt file using a text editor. This file should have the same format as the one below:
lE1MK2Apss6uzxe9/Oiug48MMZTMwtx7Kw== -----END CERTIFICATE-----
- Use the crt file the vendor sends you in combination with the key file you generated to upload to your On-Premises Image.
Install an SSL Certificate
- Generate or purchase your certificate (this should be a single root or unchained certificate) and copy your certificate (.cert) and key (.key) files to the CA Agile Central server.
- Copy them to a convenient place where you may easily access them for installation.
- From the Control Panel, select the
menu, then Server Settings.
- Select the SSL Certificate
- Select Choose File next to the SSL Certificate indicator to locate your SSL certificate (.cert) file.
- Select Choose File next to the SSL Key indicator to locate your SSL key (.key) file.
- If your SSL Certificate is a chained certificate, select the Chain Certificate File checkbox.
- Select Choose File next to the SSL Certificate Bundle indicator to locate your SSL Certificate Bundle file.
- Select Upload to upload and install your certificate and key files.
- Restart the server.