provides you with a way to view and update tasks during your daily standup meeting.
Source code is available: Task Board app source code
The app includes the following features:
- Add tasks to existing
on the board
controls to quickly change the
of a task
- Add new work items (such as
stories) to the board
- Easily accept a task from the front of the
- Easily block a task and include a reason from the front of the card
- Customize the fields you see on task cards
- Edit fields directly from the front of the task card
- Change the color of the task card
- Use the Task Board app on
- Use advanced
Task Board Settings
Note that settings through this app are per
. Project administrators may only change app settings in projects they administer.
Follow these steps:
- From the app gear menu, select Settings.
- Select the project
You can set the board to change its data with your global
, or you can choose a specific project or group of projects to work from. If you select the Follow Global Project Setting, then the contents of the board will change according to your global project picker. Select Choose a Specific Project if you want to see another project's work, regardless of your global project setting.
- If your board is installed on a shared
, check the Default Settings checkbox to use the settings selected in the lower section of the menu for all projects in the
. Changes you make to columns, fields displayed on cards, and other options will be used when viewing the board from any project.
- Select Hide accepted work to stop accepted work from displaying on the Task Board.
Use the Task Board
The board can easily be updated during your daily meeting or standup. During your standup, the scrum master or any team member can update task status by dragging the task from state to state.
Each card resides in a column according to its current state.
To update the state of a task card:
- Move the task card into the appropriate column.
View or Edit Details
To edit details on a card:
- Select an editable field on the card and edit. For example, you can edit the name, the Estimate,
fields on a task card.
- To view or edit more details on a card:
Selecting the FormattedID also takes you to the editable view of the task.
- Hover over the card.
- Select the gear (Actions) menu, and select Edit.
- Changes are automatically saved when you click away from the card.
Add a New Task
To add a new task:
- Select the Add New button at the top of the app.
- To quickly add a task (without details), enter a Name and select a Parent and select Add.
To add a task with details, select Add with Details.
You can filter cards by owner, or you can use the advanced filtering option.
To filter cards:
- Select the Show Filters icon.
- The default quick filter is Filter by Owner. To add a quick filter, select Add Filter, then select the field to filter on.
- Select Advanced Filters to set up filters with additional capabilities. Learn more about advanced filters.
Select Fields to Show on Cards
You can show or hide fields on cards.
To select fields to show or hide:
- Select Show on Cards.
- Search or scroll to select fields to display on the cards. Deselect fields that you do not want to display.
- Select Apply to save your changes.
Mark Cards as Blocked or Ready-to-Pull
If you cannot work on a card, or a task associated with a card, you can mark it as blocked to notify your team of a problem. Blocked cards display on the board with a red border.
When a card is ready to move to the next stage of development, you can mark it as ready-to-pull to update your
or other team members. The card displays on the board with a green border.
To mark a card as blocked or ready-to-pull:
- Hover over a card to display the menu at the bottom of the card.
- To mark a card as blocked, select the stop sign (Block) icon.
- After the stop sign icon is selected, the Blocked Reason field displays. Type the reason for the blocked status, then select outside of the card to save. You can edit the Blocked Reason by selecting the field on the card. When a blocked status is removed, the Blocked Reason field is cleared out.
- To mark a card as ready-to-pull, select the checkmark icon.
Choose a Color for Cards
Use the color picker icon to change the top border of the card. This icon is located by hovering on the bottom of the card.
Copy or Delete a Card
You may copy or delete a work item by hovering over a card and selecting the gear icon.
Task Board Actions
|Change task status
||Drag-and-drop a task card from one state column to another.
|Expand or collapse rows
||Select the arrows on the right side of the story to expand or collapse the row.
|View user stories and tasks from another iteration
||Select the Iteration drop-down menu and select an available iteration from the list.
|Add new work items
||Select + Add New at the top of the board.
|Filter cards on the board
||Select the filter icon. You can select Filter, Operator and Values.
|Filter by owner
||Select the Show work owned by drop-down menu and choose a team member name. User stories and tasks in the iteration owned by the team member display.
|Show additional fields on cards
||Select the Show on cards icon, located next to the Filter options, and select or deselect checkboxes for fields you want to show on the cards on the board.
|View or edit fields
||Select an editable field on the card. You can edit the name, the Estimate, To Do, and Owner fields. Changes are automatically saved when you select away from the card. You can also hover over a card, select the gear menu and select Edit.
|Delete a card
||Hover over the card, then select the gear menu from the bar at the bottom of the card and select Delete. The task is recoverable from the Recycle Bin.
|Hide accepted work
||Select the Hide accepted work checkbox in Settings.
|Block and unblock tasks
||Hover over the card and select the blocked icon. To unblock, select the blocked icon again.
|Mark as ready
||Hover over the card and select the checkmark icon. The card will display a green border along with a green checkmark when marked ready to pull.
|View associated story details
||Hover over the user story ID to view the percent done, owner and state fields. Select the user story ID to open the editable detail page for that story.
|Add a discussion
||Hover over the card, then select the + icon to add or respond to a discussion.