The Weighted Shortest Job First (WSJF)
leverages a publicly available CA Agile Central Community
, and can be found on GitHub. This Dashboard allows
managers and product managers to quickly score features in their program
to help them prioritize
work during Agile
WSJF is a
method for determining backlog prioritization (job sequencing) using the cost of delay and remaining job size. In
, this algorithm is applied at
boundaries to continuously update program priorities based on current business context, value, development facts,
, and effort considerations.
The formula for WSJF is (
Value+OERR (Risk Reduction|Opportunity Value)+Time Value)/Job Size. If the team's job size estimates are updated to include only time remaining, then constant application of WSJF ignores sunk costs, which is a key economic principle of lean.
Set Up the Dashboard
Follow these steps:
- Create and configure a custom
using the following details:
- Name: WSJF Dashboard
- Sharing: Select appropriately if you want this dashboard to be available to just you or everyone in the
- Filter: Select None (this setting is not applicable for this dashboard)
- Specify the page layout for the
- Add the Custom HTML app.
- Select the Custom HTML app from the app catalog.
- From the app gear menu, select Settings.
- Title: WSFJ Calculator, or something descriptive for your methodology
: Select Choose Specific Project and
to the program you are working on, then specify Child Projects for scoping of the items to display.
- HTML: Paste in the HTML source code from GitHub for the WSFJ
- You can edit the WSJF app directly using in-line editing for each of the Time Value, OERR, User Value, and Job Size fields. The WSJF score is automatically calculated by the app for these values. Note that some fields in the WSJF app are not currently displayed in standard detail pages.