CA Agile Central’s powerful Agile ALM platform enables developer teams to align work with organizational priorities, to continuously report on progress across projects, and to coordinate work across multiple teams and distributed sites in the spirit of enterprise agility.
With CA Agile Central’s platform extension capabilities, you can build custom apps and integrations of any complexity to tailor CA Agile Central to your specific needs. Choose to apply simple improvements to an existing open source app, or dive in and design your own app from scratch - the power is at your fingertips. Our powerful, yet easy to use App SDK 2.1 is supported by a versioned web services API and features a rich component library. Here you can access all historical data to produce custom visualizations and reports, helping your organization achieve optimum productivity and business outcomes. Similarly, extensions or altogether new CA Agile Central Integrations and Connectors can be readily created using our Enterprise Integrations Framework and data access (REST) toolkits.
CA Agile Central’s vibrant App Developer Community is powered by GitHub, which provides a social coding environment for collaborative development and sharing of CA Agile Central Apps. CA Agile Central offers open source access to CA Agile Central Apps both directly from the CA Agile Central Developer Portal as well as GitHub. In addition, a technical forum at Stack Overflow facilitates community discussion of technical questions relating to the usage and customization of CA Agile Central’s Agile ALM platform.
App Building for Beginners
- The anatomy of an App
- Find your favorite App in our App Catalog - get the source code and start developing.
Advanced App Building
- Read the GitHub guide (mac / windows)
- Go to CA Agile CentralApps on GitHub
- GitHub showcases all of our most recent Apps. Use GitHub to fork an App and share your changes with the community.
- CA Agile Central App Builder
- The CA Agile Central App Builder can be used to create a skeleton CA Agile Central app for use with CA Agile Central's App SDK. You must have node installed.
- App SDK 2.1
- Don't forget to read our Standards and Policies for writing and sharing an app.