The Estimation Board app provides a view of unaccepted stories, defects, and defect suites organized by plan estimate sizes. Default sizes are provided when you first add the app. You can customize the sizes for the app by updating the settings under the gear menu.
The Estimation Board allows for:
- Drag-and-drop controls to quickly change the plan estimate of a story or defect
- Filtering cards by type
- Direct links to stories and defects
- Custom settings for plan estimate sizes
Some stories and defects will be sized where their plan estimates do not exactly match the size column. They are either too small for the larger size or too large for the smaller size. These stories and defects do not have their planned estimates auto-updated to the size of the column on display. They will be auto-updated when dragged to another size.
Source code is available: Estimation Board app source code
Customize Plan Estimate Sizes
To customize sizes:
- In the app gear menu, select Settings.
- Sizes require a column name and plan estimate value. Add a new size by selecting the + icon. Delete a size by selecting the - icon.