CA Agile Central Idea Manager is your place to share your product and feature ideas, discuss them with the community, and vote for those you would like to see developed. As a user of CA Agile Central Idea Manager, you can share your ideas for future enhancements and view the ideas of others. If you are a new user to Agile Central Idea Manager, please request a login by emailing [email protected].
- Submit an Idea
- Find Ideas
- Filter Ideas
- View Others' Ideas
- View Idea Status
- Comment on an Idea
- Vote on an Idea
- Select Favorite Ideas
- Subscribe to an Idea
Submit an Idea
To submit your idea for others to vote on:
- Select the Post Idea button on any page.
- Complete the idea submission form. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- Title: As you type the title of your idea, the system suggests similar ideas in the Title field that others have submitted. This helps to avoid posting duplicate ideas. If you find an existing idea that is similar to your idea, comment and vote on the existing idea.
- Image: To add an image for your idea, drag-and-drop or browse to the image.
- Description, Value: Limit posts to one granular idea to ensure that the status is assigned correctly and that community votes are meaningful. Describe your idea and the value you would gain if it was implemented.
The Rich Text Editor allows you to use formatting and editing tools such as bold, italics, font color, and spell check.
- Attachments, Tags: Use tags and attachments to highlight your idea.
- Category: If you are not sure which category to select, use the Unsure category and the administrators will move it to the correct category.
You can also search for duplicate or similar ideas.
End users and idea submitters cannot edit an idea once it has been posted.
There are various methods you can use to find ideas.
To find specific ideas:
- Enter search criteria into the Search field.
- Select the icon or press Enter.
All information associated with an idea, including tags, comments, and idea codes (for example, D415), is scanned for a match on your criteria. Search is not case sensitive—all case options for your criteria is matched. The Search field finds keywords in the Title, Description, and Tag fields. Searches on symbols (&, $, *, @, $, and so on) are not supported.
Once the search results display, you can perform a more advanced search on the types of results: ideas, comments, and users.
You can search for ideas posted by other users by entering their screen name in the Search field. For example, Peter Potamus has a screen name of Peter. You can enter Peter in the search field for results, but Potamus will not yield any results.
You can filter ideas based on category, status, and tags.
To apply a filter:
- Select the filter icon.
- Select filters to apply from the categories, status, or tags column.
- Select Apply filters.
By default the filters use an and or condition. To clear filters, select Reset filters.
Select a status to display ideas associated with that status.
Select a username by a posted idea to view all other ideas submitted by that user.
The idea list in the body of the page shows all ideas associated with the filters or search constraints that you have chosen. Use the Random, Recent, Active, Votes, Favorites, and New to Me tabs to sort the list. Your administrator might add other tabs for sorting, such as Featured and Genius.
Next and Previous Ideas
Once you are viewing the details of an idea, you can select the margin arrows to view the next or previous idea. Hover over the arrow to see the title and submitter of that idea.
View Others' Ideas
To gain a better understanding of what other users are thinking, you can view others' ideas and comments. What are some of the more popular ideas? Which users are submitting the most ideas?
You can select another user's screen name to view ideas and comments posted by that user.
Use the leaderboard to track which users have the most popular ideas. Select a user's name to view the ideas they have posted, commented on, and subscribed to. Points on the leaderboard are determined by the number of ideas you post, promote, or demote, the number of users that promote your idea, and the number of other ideas you comment on. Point values are set up by administrators.
View Idea Status
There are four ways to view the status of an idea:
- Find an idea and view its status
- View ideas in a specific status
- View your idea's status from your profile
- Subscribe to the idea to receive email notifications of status changes
Find an Idea and View its Status
Find the idea that interests you and read its summary information to see the current status.
View Ideas in a Specific Status
To view a list of all ideas with a particular status:
- Perform one of the following steps:
- Select the status for an idea.
- Select a status in the right panel of the page.
To clear any filters you have used to search for statuses or categories, select Clear Filter above the idea.
View Your Idea's Status From Your Profile
To see the current status of your own ideas, check your profile:
- Select the My Profile tab at the top-right of the page.
All of your ideas are listed on the Ideas menu.
Comment on an Idea
Discuss ideas with other members of the community by adding comments to ideas or replying to comments.
Follow these steps:
- Select an idea that interests you.
The most recent comments are listed first.
- Add your comment and select Post Comment. You can add an attachment to your comment to better illustrate your idea. Select Reply to discuss an existing comment. Your administrator must enable these features.
You can view all comments and replies to your comments on the My Profile tab in the Comments section.
Select the red flag to report abuse.
Vote on a Idea
Give or remove your support for an idea by voting. We have enabled chip voting, where you are allotted one chip to vote with. Chips are returned to you once an idea you have voted on reaches a specified status.
You remove your vote by changing the number of chips you want to give to an idea.
Follow these steps:
- Select Edit Chips from the idea image and Custom Amount from the drop-down menu.
- Enter 0 in the text box to remove your chip.
The number of remaining votes you have is listed on the left pane. If you wish to revoke all of your votes throughout the site and get all your chips back, select the Return all of my votes link. Confirm your action on the pop-up. You cannot undo this action.
Select Favorite Ideas
You can specify certain ideas that you like or agree with to the Favorites category. Your administrator must enable Favorites.
Select the star next to the idea you like to add it to Favorites.
A yellow star indicates an idea is in Favorites. To remove an idea, select the star again.
To view all your favorite ideas, select the Favorites tab at the top of the ideas page.
Subscribe to an Idea
Subscribe to an idea to follow its discussion thread and status. You can also subscribe to a category.
Follow these steps:
- Select the Envelope icon at the top-right of the idea listing to subscribe.
- Select whether to subscribe to the idea, category, or both.
- To complete your subscription, select outside the dialog box.
When you subscribe to an idea, you are notified by email if someone posts a comment or if there is a status change for that idea. When you subscribe to a category, you are notified when someone adds an idea to that category.
Notifications specify the actual status change, such as In Progress to Released.
If you do not wish to receive any email notifications, select Turn off all emails in your profile. By default, you will receive email notifications when the ideas you subscribe to either have new comments or a change in status. If you wish to be alerted when an idea's status changes, subscribe to the specific idea or the idea's category.