The Blocked field in CA Agile Central provides an easy way for you to identify problems with current team work. Any time an issue outside your team's control prevents progress, you should mark the work item as blocked to notify team members and other stakeholders.
Blocked status may be applied to many CA Agile Central work items, including:
- User stories
- Defect suites
- Test sets
Blocked status can also roll-up to work items that are related to the work item. The following table details what relationships share blocks:
|Item blocked||Related items also blocked|
|Child user story||
Mark a Work Item as Blocked
There are multiple ways to mark a work item as blocked:
- While viewing the work item on a summary page, such as Task Iteration Status, double-click the current Schedule State icon, turning it red.
- To manually set a blocked status, open an editor window for the work item, and select the Blocked checkbox.
- To add a blocked status to a work item from a board app, such as Iteration Tracking, hover over the work item card and select the block icon. You can also block a task from the card details display.
- To add a blocked status to a work item from the backlog or a grid, such as the custom grid, select the icon in the Blocked column.
- To add a blocked status to a work item on grids such as the user stories page, or the defects page, double-click the row where you want to enter the blocked reason, then select the icon in the Blocked column. Select the confirm icon to save the blocked reason.
Explain a Blocked Status
Use the Blocked Reason field to record why a work item was marked blocked. When editing with a full editor window, the Blocked Reason field is directly below the Blocked checkbox.
When you set a block on a card from a board app, the Blocked Reason field will display. You may begin typing in the field after selecting the block icon. When you unblock a card, the Blocked Reason field will automatically clear itself.
To set a work item as blocked on the backlog page or a grid, select the blocked icon and enter a Blocked Reason in the pop-up when prompted.
View Blocked Work Items
When a work item is blocked, the Schedule State field is red on summary pages. You may use custom views on summary pages to show only blocked work items.
The Revisions page displays an entry when a block is placed. This will also reveal the date, time, and user that set the block.
You can use the Blocked Work app to get a quick view of any blocked work in your workspace.